Komodia’s classification service competitive advantage
The existing classification vendors will give you more or less the same functionality/quality, in addition to those “common” features, Komodia provides a number of important features the competition can’t:
- Sub classification of blogging/free web hosting sites, get the true category and not just “personal or blogging site”.
- Real-time classification, you don’t need to wait for a manual review of new web sites.
- True per web page and not just per domain.
- Classification of search phrases, allows you to add strict search enforcement (safe search is not complete) and add support for search engines without safe search.
- Optional Client Side SDK that does classification on the end user’s PC.
What does it do?
Komodia’s classification server is a complementary service to Komodia’s URL filtering SDKs and allows you to get the category of the site or a single web page – on the fly, which allows you to focus on developing your product rather then trying to figure out which sites to block or report, it can be used from our SDKs or your own proprietary solution.
While providing more then 100 categories with a strong emphasis on child protection and entertainment related categories, the service allows you flexibility whether your solution is aimed for: Parental control, education or the enterprise. In addition you get a powerful reporting capabilities to further improve your solution.
Komodia’s classification service was built using using the combination of the vast experience we gathered from our SDK’s clients. The server is built from the ground up with the goal to fit the model of parental control and employee monitoring products, whether you’re a small startup, ISP or Fortune 500 company, read more: Why Komodia.